About Me

My photo
The adventure of my lifetime is finally here! I am spending a semester (3 1/2 months) studying in London, United Kingdom. Thanks for reading - I hope to keep my entries short, sweet, and interesting!!

Monday September 6th: Meeting the Group

This morning Erin and I woke up early, ate breakfast with our host parents, and headed off to ride the Tube for the first time!  After a few line changes and walking around the streets with a map in front of our faces (as if we didn't look enough like we didn't belong...), we made it to the AHA London Centre just a few minutes early.  I was so excited to finally be able to see Marrissa and Cody, two Puget Sound classmates of mine who are also on this program with me!

We met the staff - Flo (receptionist), Martin (program coordinator), and Maggie (housing coordinator) - and got to know each other a bit.  There are 17 students all together, all from schools in the Pacific Northwest (PLU, U of O, etc) and there seems to be a good mix of different personalities.

One of the coolest things of the day was the PC (Police Constable) of Greater London came to speak with us about safety tips to keep in mind during our stay in the UK.  Which brings me to a new tradition of this blog:  to give you all a random Fact/Thought/Quote of the Day to end each blog entry.

Today's Fun Fact of the Day:  London is in the Top 10 safest cities in the entire world!

No comments:

Post a Comment