About Me

My photo
The adventure of my lifetime is finally here! I am spending a semester (3 1/2 months) studying in London, United Kingdom. Thanks for reading - I hope to keep my entries short, sweet, and interesting!!

Sunday September 5th: My Arrival

Phew!  After 10 hours on a plane, 30 minutes waiting for luggage, 1 hour standing in line for UK Immigration, and 20 minutes desperately looking around to find the roommate I've never met, I finally and safely made it.  A taxi took us to our new home, a beautiful little flat in Harrow, where we will be residing for the next 3 1/2 months.

This arrival marks the beginning of the adventure I have literally been waiting for my entire life.  I am studying abroad in London on the AHA Program for this fall semester, an experience that I started planning and saving for when I was about 7 years old.  As a current junior, and a Theatre Arts/Business double-major at Puget Sound, I chose London to fulfill this adventure for many reasons.  And it has finally begun!

I have been assigned to a wonderful older couple, Mike and Saida, who will be graciously hosting me this semester.  Another girl from my program, Erin, is also living with me, but we are fortunate enough to have our own rooms in the home.  Erin and I have never met before today, except for brief conversations via phone and Facebook, but we seem to be very compatible.  She is from the bay area of California and is a junior at the University of Oregon.

So Erin and I have arrived in Harrow.  We dropped our bags, met our host dad, and immediately went out to explore our surrounding area.  It was very early, and a Sunday, so the town was a bit dead ... but we walked around this beautiful hill right by our house (and got lost coming back) and had a lovely time getting to know one another.

Monday morning is when we travel into the city, meet our program coordinators, and get to know the rest of our classmates.  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment