About Me

My photo
The adventure of my lifetime is finally here! I am spending a semester (3 1/2 months) studying in London, United Kingdom. Thanks for reading - I hope to keep my entries short, sweet, and interesting!!

Tuesday September 14th: So Much is Happening!

When last I blogged, I was spending a quiet Saturday afternoon in the flat - now it seems as though everything is happening all at once!  Lots to do, lots to see ... and lots to share!

I am feeling all better now, just a slightly stuffy nose, and on Saturday night I did manage to make it out with some friends.  We went to Fabric, apparently the #2 dance club in the world.  I have no idea what/where the #1 dance club is, or even what these rankings are based on, but Fabric is apparently #2.  It was quite fun actually, and there were three different dance floors all with different themes of music and dancing, so it was a great first Saturday out.

Yesterday I had my first full day of classes - I begin Monday mornings at 9:30 in my Shakespeare class, sit through Britain Today, a weekly meeting, have a break, and then I have my Play class from 4-6pm.  Whew!  Counting the commute of at least 60 minutes between my flat in Harrow and our school in the Bloomsbury district, I am gone for nearly 12 hours on Mondays.  Ah well, it's not like I don't have days like that back in Tacoma...

Today I went to the London Museum with my "London: Biography of a City" - such a cool museum.  Yes, I did just say "cool museum" ... which is very odd coming from my, shall we say, non-History-oriented mind.  But it was very interesting to watch the progression of the city of London from the Roman Empire all the way through the Great Fire (we're going back later in the term to see Great Fire through present day).

Tonight we're going to see Danton's Death at the National Theatre - I'm so excited to go to another play and another venue!!

Fun Fact of the Day:  In Britain, no matter where you go, you cannot be more than 73 miles from the sea.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fun fact! I in fact, don't ever like to be far from the sea. Also - I love that your history-resistant brain is becoming more open to the possibility that history is fascinating! Love mom

    ReplyDelete