About Me

My photo
The adventure of my lifetime is finally here! I am spending a semester (3 1/2 months) studying in London, United Kingdom. Thanks for reading - I hope to keep my entries short, sweet, and interesting!!

Saturday September 11th: FINALLY Feeling Better!

It is Saturday afternoon, and after having spent the last 48 hours in the flat (except one school outing), I am FINALLY feeling better! I'm still taking it easy, so I did not join Erin in going to the Thames Festival this afternoon, but hopefully I'll feel up to going out to dinner with everybody tonight!

Yesterday, Martin (our program coordinator) took all 17 of us to Hampstead Heath, a large open-space park in the middle of Greater London, just north of The City.  It was BEAUTIFUL there, and we got to see some amazing views of London, including the financial center skyline, the London Eye, and even St. Paul's Cathedral!  Because it was a ramble (a "wandering stroll"), we just meandered around to various spots that Martin was familiar with.  After walking for 3ish hours, however, we hadn't even come close to seeing the entire park!  Perhaps Erin and I will venture back over there when we're up for a relaxing afternoon of wandering around.


Note-worthy experience yesterday:  we rode one of those red double-decker buses for the first time!  Also, I saw my first "Visitor Centre" sign of the trip ... but, sadly, we didn't actually go to it.

Not much to update other than that; as I said, I've been sitting in the flat for the last couple days.  I think I'll spend this afternoon around the flat, and hopefully be all better by tomorrow so I can go into the city!

Fun Fact of the (Yester)Day:  "Heath" is a general term for a wild, overgrown piece of land (like a park) ... not quite sure what the connection is to the candy bar. 

Not-so-Fun Fact of the Day:  Pandora (a free online radio service that I listen to regularly) is not accessible from the UK.  Rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment